You’ve made the big decision to sell your Ocala home, which means doing more than just putting a “For Sale” sign out front. It involves many steps. There’s advertising to plan and implement, open houses and private showings to coordinate, purchase offers to negotiate, contract contingencies to be concerned with, and an assortment of complex paperwork to be fill out.
Marcia Bright,Realtor- Ocala FL Homes for Sale – Call Today! 352.433.0340
Our team of experienced real estate professionals provide home sellers full service client-level agency representation. When you hire us as your Ocala real estate agent, we have a responsibility and a legal and ethical obligation to ensure your best interests are protected. You can expect to receive the following high-level real estate services:
- Evaluating the local market and comparable home values
- Suggesting an appropriate listing price
- Advising you on how best to present your home, including providing referrals to painters, repair persons, and more
- Helping coordinate preparation of disclosure and other needed forms and documents
- Creating advertising materials and arranging for photographs
- Placing ads on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) and in other media, and sending out postcards to potentially interested buyers on our mailing list
- Arranging for individual visits to the property — if you’re no longer living there, most likely by providing a lockbox for use by other realtors, and meeting with individuals who don’t yet have their own agent
- Answering questions and providing documents such as disclosure packets to potentially interested buyers and their agents
- Holding one or more open houses, possibly including weekday open houses for other real estate brokers to visit and weekend open houses for the public which involves many tasks, such as arranging for and putting out signs in advance, and providing food for the broker’s open houses
- Receiving offers to buy your house, whether via email/mail or in person if other agents wish to formally present their offers
- Helping you evaluate the strength of each offer and strategize on issues like whether to accept or reject an offer outright or make a counteroffer, and whether to also look for or arrange a backup offer
- Negotiate with the buyer’s agent until the purchase contract is complete
- Coordinate with the buyer’s agent throughout the escrow period, helping to make the house available for inspections and appraisals and make sure you’re doing your part to close the deal
- Help you strategize over requests made while in escrow, such as for a reduction in purchase price due to repair issues revealed in the inspection, and negotiating such issues with the buyer’s agent and attend closing
Pricing Your Ocala Home
We understand the nuances of the local Ocala real estate market, and how to accurately price Ocala homes for sale based on those specifics. Priced too high, and you run the risk of your home becoming a stale listing. The last thing you want is to have your home languish too long on the market. Priced too low, and you lose money on the sale. In reality, your home is only worth what the market will bear – despite how much you think the list price “should” be or how much you “want” to take away from the sale.
One of the first steps in the selling process is have a comparable market analysis (CMA) or home evaluation performed, which will help determine the most appropriate price for your home. A comprehensive home evaluation can provide valuable information, such as:
- Local market conditions, including whether home prices are rising or falling
- Sales prices for similar homes nearby that have sold in the last month or two
- Prices for homes currently on the market
- Average difference between the list prices and sale prices on similar homes that have sold
- Listings that expired (usually because they were priced too high and no one bought) within a reasonably recent time period
- Prices of pending sales – rather than closed sales – as they are the most recent
Preparing Your Ocala Home to Sell
Next, we’ll focus on preparing your home to sell, providing home staging advice and suggest outside changes as needed (landscaping, power washing, painting, etc.) that will help draw more buyers in. The exterior of your home is the first impression that prospective buyers make – and creating curb appeal is key to getting them in the door. Even the smallest enhancements can make a big difference in creating “love at first sight” for home buyers.
Marcia Bright, Realtor – Serving Ocala, FL – Marion County, Citrus County, Sumpter County, Lake County and all surrounding areas – Call Today! 352.433.0340
While on the market, it’s important to keep your home clean, bright, free from clutter and in the best shape possible. Taking the extra step to stage your home can also make a difference in how a buyer values it and the price a you might get for it, according to the National Association of Realtors® (2015 Profile of Home Staging). At a minimum, conduct a thorough cleaning, haul out extraneous clutter, make sure your home is well-lit, and fix any major aesthetic issues.
Marketing Your Ocala Home
We strive to provide the best marketing tools online and offline to bring your home maximum exposure, and the best services to get your home sold! In a competitive market like Ocala, where homes for sale are added on a daily basis, your home listing needs to be seen in a variety of places to reach the widest range of qualified buyers.
We have extensive experience marketing Ocala homes for sale as well as showing them to their best advantage. We will advertise your home through a variety of methods, including local publications and online MLS® listings – a database of current homes for sale. Information about your listing will be instantly available to agents all across your area.
“Anyone Can List Your Home – We Want to Sell It!”
Our network of professional real estate contacts and buyers will have the opportunity to check out your listing – expanding the pool of potential buyers. In addition, we’ll utilize the Internet, including our own professionally marketed and optimized Ocala real estate website to ensure that your listing is highly visible. According to the National Association of REALTORS®, 82% of all potential buyers start their search on the Internet. We provide home buyers access to property listings 24/7 on our website.
The Negotiating Process
When you start to get offers on your Ocala real estate property, we’ll be there to represent you during what can sometimes be an ’emotionally charged’ negotiating process. The majority of homes aren’t sold for asking price. As soon as a buyer expresses interest, they’ll offer a price, and negotiations proceed. Each party seeks leverage that will get them the price they want. You need a skilled and objective negotiator on your side during these discussions.
Rest assured that we will work together, making sure that you get the best price along with favorable closing terms that are clearly spelled out. In reality, the best deals are the ones in which both sides feel they got most of they wanted and didn’t have to give up too much to the other side.
Once you’ve entered into an agreement with a buyer, the final step in the selling process is the closing. We’ll help you understand contract contingencies and the details of the closing process, in addition to handling all the paperwork for you.
Typically, the seller, the buyer and their respective agents are present at closing along with a closing agent who works for the title company or lender as well as a representative from the lender and the title company. Either sides may also have an attorney present. The seller and buyer will sign a stack of closing documents and once all papers are signed and funds are disbursed, the seller hands over the keys to the new owner.
Marcia Bright, Realtor Serving Ocala, FL and Surrounding Areas
As you can see, there are many components to selling a home. That’s why you want an experienced Ocala real estate agent on your side – an expert to work through the sale process efficiently, deal directly with buyers’ objections and complaints like a pro, keep everything on track, and facilitate the contracts and escrow to a smooth and successful close!
“Our goal is to Make Lifelong Clients – Not Just A Quick Sale!”
Our team of real estate professionals are 100% committed to providing exceptional, personalized service and will work relentlessly on your behalf. We invite you to give us a call, fill out the online contact form or email us today ~We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Marcia Bright, Realtor
915 SE 17th Street
Ocala, FL 34471